Jewish Advocacy & Leadership Corps is a premier membership network that empowers leaders with knowledge and skills to drive action across the various platforms available within their organisation or professional role.
The program brings together a group of diverse emerging leaders to engage with current and relevant themes affecting the future of the community.
The Corps will cultivate, connect, up-skill and inspire high potential candidates for positions of leadership in the Jewish community.
The Executive Council of Australian Jewry (ECAJ) is the peak national representative body of the Australian Jewish community. Since 1944, it has served as the authentic, mainstream voice of Australian Jews on every issue of critical importance to Australian and world Jewry.
ECAJ is the Australian Affiliate to the World Jewish Congress (WJC) The Jewish Advocacy & Leadership Corps is a project of the Executive Council of Australian Jewry and aims to identify and nurture outstanding young professionals in our community and prepare them for senior leadership and advocacy opportunities.
Attain new advocacy & leadership skills for your personal tool box that will strengthen your confidence to shape conversation about the issues impacting world Jewry and our local Jewish community; covering digital advocacy, story telling, public speaking, op-ed writing, media relations.
Personal Leadership Growth
Develop self awareness, and learn to articulate your Jewish story. Explore your future as a Jewish leader & your potential as an initiator of change. Understand the role of relationships in effective advocacy, engaging others to activate change. Take advantage of sponsorship from senior communal leaders to help take steps on your pathway.
A Leadership Cohort
Create meangingful connections with like minded leaders from across Australia. Opportunity to leverage the cohort and their connections as a platform to identify opportunities that will help you strive towards realisation of communal aspirations. Benefit from frameworks to encourage knowledge sharing, ideas and articles.
Elevate your theoretical knowledge. Discuss, debate and tackle specific issues relating to our core themes.
Empowerment – Advocacy Initiatives
Put your learnings in action and drive implementation of projects/campaigns at a local level.
Overseas Conference / Professional Development Grants
Exclusive opportunity to apply to secure a grant to attend International premium conferences or training seminars.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions the program will be delivered online via an interactive workshop format. When travel restrictions ease, speakers series, conferences and networking will be added to the program.
Duration & Time Commitment:
- 3 hours / month online programming
- 1 -2 hours / month offline preparation work
Corps membership includes:
- Monthly interactive workshops
- Guest speakers, roundtable forums and virtual programming
- Learning materials
- Access to “sponsorship placement” with a communal leader.
- Access to international thought leaders, experts and community leaders
- Access to a network of fellow leaders
- Access to World Jewish Congress Jewish Diplomatic Corps experts and communications; and
- Access to “overseas conference/professional development grants”.
- We are seeking outstanding Professionals who are between age of 25- 40 years of age.
- You should have at least 5 years of Professional experience may be alumni of other existing communal leadership programs.
- You will have a clear affinity for community, Israel, politics, social justice and demonstrate a growth mindset.
- Age exceptions may be granted on a case-by-case basis.
To apply you must also:
- Have the ability to commit to at least 80% of the monthly workshops
- Have capacity to put your learning into practice by implementing actions back in your community
- Be open to cross-communal projects/campaigns for the benefit of the Australian Jewish community.